Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Changes

Oh brother... the last time I blogged it was cool to have a blog. ;)

Life has a funny way of changing; time never stands still and with every second brings about more change. Change is inevitable. Most of the recent changes in my life have been bad changes, ones that I would love to change back. But no one wants to read posts written by Debbie Downer, and frankly, I'd love to think of something else. So, here is my freshly-complied, (but not exhaustive) list of positive changes in my life since my last post. Which happened to be my Mommy's birthday :)


* I have declared a major that fits me, my personality and my strengths... I think

* Baby boy Zbinden, waiting to be born until September 27th, 2011... give or take a few days

* I am now a coffee drinker (the jury's still out on whether or not this is a positive change, I'm going to say yes because it makes me feel more grown-up)

* I have the best friends a girl could ask for, seriously

* I now have no T.V. shows that I "have" to watch (HUUUUUGE accomplishment)

(A brief pause and review reveals that there is a disclaimer or addition to the end of every new change.... hmmmmm)

* I know how to handle my psychotic hair!

* I have become a less sentimental person and, as such, my life is much less cluttered

* I discovered The Script... mmmmm

* I turned 20

* I can say and write out the Greek alphabet

* I'm about to start my summer as a gypsy, or, a Christian gypsy... whatever

* I've expanded my movie watching to something other than a chick flick from time to time

* I know who I am, what I want, and where I'm going (well, for the most part anyway)

But the best changes of all happened inside me. I'm stronger, I'm smarter, I'm more confident, I'm friendlier, I'm less naive, I'm less of a dreamer but more of a believer, and now, I'm more free than ever.

See? Sometimes change is good.





1 comment:

  1. Erin! I never saw this until tonight! What a beautiful, beautiful list! I'd love to see what you'd add to it, five months later... Love you :)

    ReplyDelete